“Do you have a Kurti in your wardrobe collection?” Ask any Indian girl this question, and the answer will mostly be positive! No matter how modern a lady is, she ought to have at least one Kurti in her wardrobe! Why not? Kurties for women can be the go-to outfit regardless of their body type or size. It accentuates the modern Indian woman body and flatters it in the best possible way. If you think that is all, then you are mistaken! You must not forget the comfort that it provides. A simple, easy-breezy white cotton Kurti on a hot summer day is no less than luxurious! Let us not forget how easily a simple workplace Kurti can be glammed up quickly and get you that after office party ready! Wearing a Kurti with a Salwar and dupatta is not the only way of wearing these comfy yet Desi outfits! Those days are gone when pairing a Kurti with salwar or leggings were the only option! Our modern-day Indian women have mastered the art of styling the Kurti’s based on the occasion.
Whether you are attending a glam wedding or trying to look sleek and mean business to participate in that office meeting, wear it at home or wear it as your comfy outfit for that long flight – Kurties for women can be your go-to outfit for all the occasion. Styling is the key here! You can style a Kurti to slay at that much-awaited party or style it to get Insta photo ready that is your choice. There are unique styles of kurties for women in the market and let’s talk about a few ideas on how you can glam up your everyday Kurta/ Kurti look!
Here’s How You Can Slay Indo Western Look With Kurties:-
1. Pair Your Kurti With a Dhoti Pant – Have an A-line kurta that is collecting dust in your wardrobe because of lack of styling? It is time for you to pull that Kurta out! Style with Dhoti pants, and find a matching Jutti, and that is all! A new Indo-western outfit is ready with minimal effort! To oomph up the look even more, rummage through your jewellery box and find that one oxidised Jhumka that goes the best with the outfit and Voila! You are sorted for the day!
2. Wear Your Kurta as a Summer Day Dress – Have a collar neck kurta? Oh, it also has three-quarter sleeves or folding sleeves? Have you been keeping it hidden at the back of the wardrobe? Take that Kurta out right now! These kurties for women are the best candidates to be worn as a flowy western shirt dress. All you have to do is wear that Kurta, wear those favourite heels, style your hair and enjoy all the in awe stares!
3. Short Kurti and Denims – We all have got ourselves a short Kurti stitched as they were so much in trend back in the day. Now it is time to bring them back into trending Kurties for women Pair it with cigarette pants, trousers or denim jeans. Wear minimal jewellery and a wristwatch. With that, our attagirl is ready to turn all the heads in the room!
4. Dhoti Pant and Jacket for the Royal Look – Silk is such a royal fabric. Pair your silk Kurti with Dhoti pants and a jacket on top. Wrap the entire look with matching Juttis and some heavy jewellery, and there you go! The perfect blend of royal and modern!
5. Layer With an Asymmetric Jacket – If you believe in “less is more”, then this one is especially for you! Layer your basic Kurta with that long asymmetric royal jacket that almost looks like a western midi dress. This is the perfect Indo-western look to attend that destination wedding of your close friends or cousins. Here is a little bonus tip:- A lady looks good in anything as long as she is wearing them with confidence and her most genuine smile!