The movie industry is one of the biggest industries in the world right now. Depending on the project, actors and actresses can earn as high as $1 million per series episode, or as high as $10 million per movie. This does not include bonuses and clauses drafted out in their contracts.
Timeline of Content Delivery Over the Years
The delivery system of movie content has changed over the years, save for plays that are still performed live in auditoriums before an audience.
CDs and DVD players were popular between 2000 and 2010, but have now lost their importance, except in a few third-world regions that do not have steady access to the internet.
Cinemas and websites where links to download content are still very much in use, but despite the former having the latest movies on its premiere date, it entails a lot of stress – with viewers having to stand in queues just to get in the cinema and watch a movie.
Cable TV Alternatives in View
Unlike cinemas, websites rarely have clear versions of a recently released movies. It forces viewers to watch cinema-dubbed versions or wait weeks for a more visible and high-quality version.
Besides the cinemas and websites, there are various cable TV alternatives that show movies and series. But the subscribers are required to wait until the time when the content is scheduled to air.
With several movies slated to be released in 2021. There is only one sure way to keep up and get the latest high content at the highest quality on its release date, Netflix.
Netflix is an online streaming service that has been in existence for over 10 years and has the right to broadcast the best and biggest movie franchises on its platform.
While keeping up with great Netflix content this year, here are a couple of suggestions that will help make the most of your subscription package.
5 tips to make the best out of your subscription
- Download – this is a feature that could be very useful if you intend to watch a movie at a later time, when you may not have access to a stable internet connection – like when in transit. It could also help you save data if it is content you may want to watch several times.
- Reduce Video quality – to prevent buffering, it would be advisable to reduce the video quality to a setting which your device and network speed can process easily.
- Personalized Profile – once the Netflix account is created, the next step is to set it up. This entails letting Netflix know whether you are more into movies or series, and the genre you prefer so that it can recommend more of the same to you.
- Remove AutoPlay – The AutoPlay feature is usually enabled for episodes of series for playing the next episode. Should you have the habit of sleeping off during a movie, turning off AutoPlay can help save data.
- Use Shortcuts – There are Netflix keyboard shortcuts that you could use to pause, play, forward, reverse, or reload; making the experience easier, when you use it on desktop or laptop.
Netflix is the biggest online streaming service in the world. Netflix statistics report that it has over 200 million global subscribers. Should you be one of them, the above tips can help you have a better streaming experience.